AMPM Auto Transport Terms and Conditions
Effective date: Nov 11, 2015
The following Terms and Conditions should be treated as an agreement between only the customer and their duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) and AMPM Auto Transport, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “AMPM”). And, these Terms and Conditions should be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders submitted to AMPM by the owner(s) of the vehicle(s) designated in the Order Form.
AMPM is a fully licensed and bonded Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT. AMPM’s USDOT number is: #2247310. The Client acknowledges and agrees that AMPM is hereby authorized to arrange shipment from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified in the Order Form.
The Client agrees and understands that AMPM is a registered transportation and property broker. AMPM is only acting in the capacity of a broker. And, the Client allows AMPM to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereafter referred to as “Carrier”), to transport the vehicle(s) defined within the Order Form.
Pickup and Delivery
1. The Carrier (as assigned by AMPM) is authorized to transport the Client’s motor vehicle(s) between the designated pickup and destination locations, which are set forth in the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
2. The arranged Carrier will pick up and deliver the Client’s vehicle(s) as close to the Client’s requested locations as possible (according to legalities and safety concerns). If necessary, due to any unsafe conditions (such as low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.) or legal concerns (such as restricted areas, etc.), a new location will be agreed upon with the Client and Carrier.
3. AMPM will provide the Client with an estimated, not guaranteed, date for delivery and pickup. Delays can occur prior to and/or during shipment due to any unforeseen conditions. This may include weather issues, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. For this reason, there are absolutely no guarantees for pickup or delivery times and dates.
4. AMPM will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind or for any reason (i.e. Client’s car rental fees or any accommodation fees). In addition, AMPM will not be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Client’s vehicle.
5. The Client is held responsible for preparing the vehicle for shipment. To do so, the Client must remove and/or secure any loose parts (such as any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) Also, the Client must remove any outside mounted storage or racks – anything that is not permanently attached – before the shipment.
6. All vehicles must be given to the Carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted in the order). In addition, if any part of the vehicle falls off during transport it is the responsibility of the Client, not the Carrier or AMPM (this also includes any damages to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved).
7. The Client must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they must then provide instructions for the Carrier to do so. The Carrier is authorized to silence the alarm by any means in the event that said alarm sounds and they have no keys or instructions to turn it off.
8. The Client may leave some personal property within the vehicle to be transported. The Client must take note, however, that if the luggage exceeds 100 lbs., they will need to discuss the transport of the luggage directly with the Carrier. Both the Carrier and AMPM are not liable for any personal items left within the vehicle. These parties are also not liable for any damages caused to vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of personal items.
9. The Carrier will not transport any dangerous or harmful personal property in the Client’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, ammunition, firearms, flammable materials, narcotics, negotiable or legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, or any other items considered illegal or dangerous. And, the Client agrees that AMPM or the Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. If this occurs, no compensation will be given to the Client. In addition, both the Carrier and AMPM will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Client wishes to place any items in the vehicle, it is at the Client’s own risk.
10. AMPM provides vehicle shipping services to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico by the use of vessels. Therefore, for any orders involving Ocean Transport, the Client must completely empty vehicle(s) of everything except for factory-installed equipment. Contact our Ocean Freight specialist at (808)-518-6000 directly to find out more or place an order.
11. If the vehicle on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (i.e. dual or oversized wheels, racks, extra-large, lifted, limo, etc.), the Client must inquire about possible extra charges.
12. The Client agrees that AMPM has the right to reject or cancel any order at any time at its sole discretion.
13. Both the Client and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Client must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Client must sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
14. Then, at the time the vehicle is delivered, the Client, with the Carrier present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Carrier and Client must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. After, the Client will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
15. If there are any new damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the designated place. Then, the Client must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Client signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Client has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in a satisfying condition. From this point on, the Carrier is no longer responsible for the Client’s vehicle.
16. All responsibility is given to the Carrier after signing the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. AMPM will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Client upon request. However, the Client agrees that AMPM is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Client’s vehicle. The liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. However, neither AMPM nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. damage from storms) or any damages that occur due to worn/broken parts of vehicle or added personal property.
17. In addition, the Client also agrees and understands that AMPM is only responsible for arranging a Carrier for the shipment of the Client’s vehicle/property. Thus, the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Client signs the Bill of Lading. Once the final inspection is completed, the Carrier is no longer responsible.
18. If the Client is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Client understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
19. Once AMPM has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Client’s shipping order, AMPM will notify the Client based on the contact information given during the booking process. For all orders placed through AMPM, a small portion of the payment is required after pickup of the vehicle. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to factors such as the type of vehicle and the distance of the shipment.
20. Once a Carrier is assigned to an order and begins traveling to the pickup location, AMPM’s services are considered rendered. As a result, the small deposit charged upon the pickup is considered the payment for services already rendered. As such, this deposit is nonrefundable. By accepting the order form, you authorize us to charge the non-refundable deposit. The remainder of the payments are due to the Carrier at the time of delivery.
21. It is responsibility of the Client to provide the full payment owed when the Carrier delivers the vehicle. At that time, all payments to the Carrier must be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order. Before the delivery, business checks, credit or debit card payments should be discussed and agreed upon between the Client and the Carrier. It is also important to note that funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to AMPM.
22. In addition, the Client agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to AMPM or the Carrier in full. This means that the Client agrees to not dispute the payment for any reason (such as damage claims, delays, or other unforeseen circumstances). If the Client has an issue, they must note it on the Bill of Lading. Then, the Client should file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. However, this is a separate matter than the payment for the shipment.
23. If Client is unable to make the payment by these means, the Client understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Client’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Client pays all transport charges in full. In addition, if the Client is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Client.
24. The Client has the option to cancel a transportation order 24 hours before the pick-up date with NO CANCELLATION FEE. After 24 hours, the deposit cannot be refunded. If the Client decides to cancel their order, they must contact their shipping coordinator or another member of AMPM by phone or email as soon as possible.
25. According to this agreement, AMPM is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). AMPM is not responsible if these are brought by an individual or another entity and then imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of AMPM or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties). This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in addition to any reimbursements to AMPM for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
The Client understands and agrees to these terms by continuing with the shipping process. In addition, the Client waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions and will not hold AMPM responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of AMPM’s terms and conditions.